At Martha’s Village and Kitchen, we help those in need throughout the Coachella Valley. Summertime brings about special challenges for the impoverished, seniors on a fixed income, children, and the homeless. This is true because temperatures soar above 110 degrees on a frequent basis. With temperatures rising to life threatening levels, many homeless or impoverished individuals have nowhere to go to find relief from the heat. Martha’s Village and Kitchen serves as a resource for the community by providing an air conditioned, safe space in our Cooling Center during the hot summer months. We also provide nutritious lunches, water, snacks, and if needed, referrals to social services. We need your support during the summer months, as the demand for our services rises, and donations tend to decrease.
Here are 5 ways you can help us meet the summer needs of the less fortunate:
1. Make a Financial Donation
- Your donation dollars are put to work immediately to help those in need.
2. Donate Bottled Water
- Help us build up our supply of bottled water in order to help those in need throughout the summer. Temperatures frequently rise to dangerous levels, and hydration is essential. This is one of the biggest summer needs.
3. Donate Non-Perishable Food
- Summer is the time of year when donations slow down. It is also the time of year when the need for our services tends to increase.
- Donate your time and talents. Your presence here at Martha’s Village and Kitchen truly helps to change lives and is appreciated. Find out more about volunteer opportunities: HERE.
5. Donate Toiletry Items
- Toiletry items are very much appreciated by those who cannot afford them. Please drop off toiletry items at the MVK campus located at 83791 Date Avenue Indio, CA 92201.
Thanks for your support in providing for the summer needs of the less fortunate in the greater Palm Springs area. It is so important to help with summer needs during these hot, dry months! We are grateful.