Orange is the color of hunger.
This Hunger Action Month, let’s join together by wearing orange, giving back, and raising our voices on behalf of the millions of people facing hunger in the U.S.
Take a stand against hunger right here in our community!
• Each year, millions of people in America face hunger. The coronavirus pandemic has caused even more families to struggle. We estimate that 54 million people may be food insecure in 2020, including 18 million children.
• Low wages, underemployment, and necessary expenses like rent prevent families from meeting their basic needs.
• 25% of children in households at risk of hunger may be forced to rely exclusively on hunger relief charities like Martha’s Village to make ends meet.
• Children facing hunger tend to grow up in a family where a parent or parents also face hunger.
• A family of four facing hunger may need additional meals a month simply because they don’t have money to buy enough food.