Imagine being a homeless mother, father or child and having no place to go and no hope for the future. You can help Martha’s Village & Kitchen empower the individuals and families we serve by donating in lieu of gifts for an upcoming celebration or event.
- Collect Donations: Insert a card in your wedding invitations asking guests to make cash donations to MVK. In addition to this gift, all donations will be tax deductible and Martha’s will send you a special gift to recognize your special day.
- Adopt-A-Room: With a donation of $5,000 you can adopt a room at Martha’s Village & Kitchen to honor your special day.
- Collect Household Items: Already have what you need? Collect items to help furnish the new home of a family or individuals moving out of our facility and back into a safe and secure place to live. For example, small appliances, silverware, bedding, pillows, bathroom supplies and more.
BIRTHDAYS, ANNIVERSARIES, RETIREMENT AND MORE…
- Collect Donations: In lieu of gifts, ask family and friends to make a donation on your behalf to help others. In other words, your special day can help change the life of a local family!
- Start an Online Fundraiser: Celebrate your special day by setting up a Facebook Fundraiser OR create a personalized fundraising page dedicated to MVK.
- Adopt-A-Room: With a donation of $5,000 you can adopt a room at Martha’s Village & Kitchen to honor this milestone.
- Collect Household Items: Already have what you need? Collect items to help furnish the new home of a family or individual who successfully completed our program. For instance, if you need an item in your home, our families need the same item in theirs (appliances, towels, pillows, etc.)
- Host A Donation Drive: Help to collect food, hygiene products, baby supplies or other needed items. As a result, more families and individuals will never have to make a choice between groceries and paying their rent.
IN HONOR OF
- Make a donation in honor of someone in your life. Note that a special letter will be sent to them to acknowledge this special gift.
- Adopt-A-Room in honor of or in memory of to bring encouragement and hope to our local neighbors in need.
In addition to these ideas, we would be happy to talk about other ways to get involved as well. We can’t do the work that we do without the support of others! Most importantly, our new In Lieu of Gifts Program will truly help Martha’s Village & Kitchen change lives! If you would like more information, please contact Alejandra Diaz at 760-347-4741 ext 120 or by email at email@example.com