Awards & Recognition
- Received the “Spirit of the Desert”, KESQ TV3
- Humanitarian Services to the Community award, Coachella Valley Mexican American Chamber of Commerce
- 3rd Annual Hispanic Award, La Prensa Hispana Newspaper
- Women of Distinction Award, Soroptimist International of Palm Desert
- A Light in the Desert Award, Mid Valley Interfaith Council
- Models of Unity Award, Baha’© Faith and Palm Spring Interfaith Council
- Desert Business Achievement Award, Palm Desert Chamber of Commerce
- People Helping People Award, Country of Riverside Department of Community Action
- Amar es Entragarse Bishop Barnes Award, Diocese of San Bernardino
- Founders serve a meal to homeless neighbors from a parish kitchen with a $5 donation and a group of seven volunteers.
- Tom and Rita Martin donate the property for Martha’s Village.
- Construction on the Dan Dunlap Center begins.
- Residence and programs open at the Dan Dunlap Center, Martha’s Village.
- Clinicas de Salud del Pueblo assumes operations of the healthcare clinic at Martha’s.