Martha’s Village and Kitchen is currently hiring for the following positions.
For all questions about employment opportunities, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Summary: The Donor Data Coordinator is an integral member of the Development Team and involved in data entry and updating of all donors, donations and related information, as well as providing data in report form to staff. The position is also responsible to compose customized letters, thank you notes, and social media posts, as well as updates to the website.
Data Gathering and Entry Support:
- Work to ensure timely processing for donor data for all individuals and organizations, including all contact information, donor demographics, and relationship links.
- Maintain database donor codes; generate, update and verify accuracy of a variety of reports, letters, and files; edit processed batches and make payment corrections to master donor files.
- Establish processing priorities of donations based upon fulfillment needs.
- Isolate and resolve operational problems and maintain operating schedules for all computer reports and coordinate department mass mailings, review purchase requisitions for timely submission and proper coding.
- Perform or assist with reconciliation of donation accounts to the general ledger and reconcile other records as assigned.
- Enter returned mail address corrections or other such change of address notification.
- Produce reports and assist with general analysis of data as it relates to fundraising and donor recognition. Based on analysis of data, assist Director in identifying donors for direct mail appeals
- Compose a variety of letters and thank you notes to donors, and update website and social media
- Create direct mail and email appeals
- Assist with confidential research to update business information, including contacting “Primary Contact” person for businesses.
- Assist with conducting research on individuals, corporations, and foundations for prospect activity and maintain confidentiality and integrity of data.
- Assist with tracking all information for all Foundation letters of inquiry and proposals.
- Accurately record and track stewardship report dates required for any funding source.
- Execute regular database clean-up activity.
- Flexible to assist with coverage and/or backup for front office staff as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as needed
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education and Experience: Combination of education and experience that would provide candidate with the skills necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Training and/or two-year’s experience representative for this would include data systems, data processing, customer service and demonstrated ability to analyze and utilize database information.
Market Education and Experience: BA and two-year’s experience working with data systems, data processing and data management and customer relations.
Preferred Education and Experience: BA and two-year’s experience working in a business/fundraising office with donor data management and processing donations. Experience with Blackbaud/eTapestry fundraising software is highly desirable.
- Skill and political acumen in handling confidential information appropriately.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms, and ability to post and monitor sites, including Facebook, Twitter, and organization website
- Self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong attention to detail accuracy and dependability and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency in general computer skills and database operations
- High level of typing accuracy and speed.
- Ability to manage a complex database and observe data entry protocols.
- Team player who is able to collaborate with other staff in continuing to build a comprehensive, first-rate mission advancement program
- Must possess excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines
- Proficient in Internet research/navigation and Microsoft Office suite
- Comfortable working with volunteers: assigning tasks, providing training and supervision and reinforcement.
Goals and Objectives: Within the first 6 -12 months of employment the Donor Communications and Data Administrator will be expected to:
- Adjust to a demanding schedule for data entry
- Ability to anticipate departmental needs.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, and regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with a high level of activity and competing demands for attention.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please email your resume or application for employment to Kimberly Stauffer, Senior Manager of Development at email@example.com. Please indicate “Donor Database Coordinator” in email subject line.