Martha’s Village and Kitchen is currently hiring for the following positions.
For all questions about employment opportunities, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Martha’s Village and Kitchen is looking for a full time qualified Case Manager to provide short term case management for clients, including crisis intervention and scheduled meetings. Schedule days vary.
Job Summary: Functions as a member of a multi-disciplinary team. Uses solution focused techniques and the strengths perspective to provide short term case management to homeless families and single adults in transition. Provides meetings with clients, assessment, referrals, monitoring, gathering information, and advocacy. Performs timely and accurate documentation of service delivery and client progress in CSTAR™ (Client Management Information System).
- Provide short term case management for clients, including crisis intervention and scheduled meetings.
- Initiate appropriate referrals if needed, if referral has not already been made.
- Encourage and monitor client attendance at required appointments and classes.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of client demographic and service data and all client contacts including meetings, telephone calls, collateral contacts, and internal referrals.
- Enter client data in CSTAR™ in compliance with program and HUD requirements.
- Ensure that suspected child, adult and senior abuse and neglect are reported following established agency policy for non-emergency and emergency reporting procedures, and that the appropriate regulatory agencies are notified such as Child and Adult Protective Services.
- Maintain up-to-date client information for the Bridges to Independence program in CSTAR™.
- Perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education and Experience: High School or equivalent education and experience that would provide the candidate with the skills and ability to successfully perform the essential job duties and responsibilities of a case manager. One (1) year case management working with under-served populations (internship or paid experience).
Preferred Education and Experience: AA in Human Services and 2 years case management working with under-served populations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, and regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Employee must be able to work in a shared work space with the noise level in the work environment usually moderate with a high level of activity.
Martha’s Village and Kitchen is looking for a Maintenance/Facilities Helper who is available to start work immediately. Previous custodial work required. Candidates must be able to successfully pass a drug screen and background check.
Performs all the necessary work connected to keeping public and private Village facilities clean. This includes offices, conference rooms, restrooms, lounges and stairwells. Duties include sanitizing restrooms and replenishing supplies; emptying trash receptacles and removing recycling; sweeping and dry and wet mopping floors, stairs, and elevators; and washing walls, windows, furniture. Fix minor plumbing problems such as unclogging drains, plunging toilets, and repairing leaky spigots and faucets. Perform miscellaneous minor repairs such as tightening loose toilet seats, changing light bulbs, and patching holes in walls. Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication. Must be able to respond to off-site maintenance calls.
Minimum Education and Experience: Ability to read and understand labels and directions for mixing cleaning solutions and chemicals used in the performance of position and instructional manuals for operating machinery and equipment. Three months working as a custodian in a commercial setting and demonstrated understanding of duties and responsibilities of a custodian.
Market Education and Experience: Minimum of one (1) year of field experience with trade school training OR five (2) years total field experience.Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds without assistance and may also push and pull objects weighing 100 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by the job include ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is high with a high level of activity.
Job Type: Full-time
This position is integral to maintaining the highest, safest food production standards to provide the best services for all clients and staff. This position: Hires: Trains, Schedules, monitors; cook, dishwashers, driving staff, and volunteers. This position also works closely with outside vendors, purchasing of equipment, services, and products. This position schedules and maintains the cleanliness, and all kitchen equipment, all walk-ins, and ice machine, dish machine, plumbing, cooking equipment, (ovens, stoves, hoods). This position keeps accurate records and maintains good accounting of all purchased food and items. This position reports all relevant data to senior management as needed for grants and accounting. Must have good writing and computer skills.
This position coordinates donation pick-ups and drop offs, as well as distribution of said items. This position maintains a professional and current relationship with all relevant fenders and suppliers.
Must be able to respond to call offs at any time. Days, evenings and weekends maybe required.
- Serve Safe Certified. Must have food handlers card
- Has all essential knife and prep skills. Has successfully done batch cooking and menu planning. Has knowledge of nutritional values and local markets.
- Orders within budget set by CEO. Maintains all food temperature logs. Has catering knowledge and or background.
- Hires trains, evaluates, and builds a team of 4 to 7 staff, integrating skill sets and using approved evaluation models.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, Must maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Speaks with others using clear and professional language. Maintain professional demeanor and keep clear and confidential boundaries with all staff. Works effectively with volunteers and management.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Assist with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing in excess of 100 pounds (e.g., A/C unit, television, and dresser).Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladder. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight. Performs other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education and Experience: High School diploma or equivalent or technical or vocational training or three (3) years in a management position supervising and participating in building maintenance. IT experience including computer installation, and programs, such as Word, and Excel.
Proven cooking and preparation food service skill, Serve Safe and Food Handler Certified.
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers.
- Thorough understanding of the organization’s Vision, Mission and Priorities.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and highly effective in working objectively with a diverse group of people.
- Team player willing to accept and promote organizational goals and function with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make decisions based on education preparation and experience, which reflect consistency with organization philosophy, policies and procedures.
- IT skills and command of computer programs.
- Purchasing and negotiating best practices and prices for the organization
- Timely reporting and submission of invoices and external reports.
- Ability to make and maintain records, schedules, payroll, and HR files on all employees.
- Is an integral part of the executive management team, as such maintains confidentiality with staff and clients as well as carries out the team’s mission in accordance and with the support of the executive management team.
- Works on call as needed with all departments.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position, please email your resume or application for employment to Robert Brown, Human Resources Administrator at email@example.com. Please indicate “Kitchen Manager” in email subject line.