Martha’s Village and Kitchen is currently hiring for the following positions. For questions regarding employment opportunities, please contact Jonathan Lorenzo Yorba in our Human Resources Department: JYorba@marthasvillage.org.
Lead Case Manager
Program: Case Management
Hours: 40 hours per week, flexible to meet program needs and on call as needed
Immediate Supervisor: Sr. Director of Programs
Position Summary: Responsible and accountable for the leadership and overall functioning of the Case Management Department. Ensures the effective functioning of the clinical programs and services, develops and maintains program policies and procedures, program development and evaluation, milieu evaluations and implementation of appropriate staff and client interventions. Ensures paperwork completion and compliance with all funding grants requirements. Contributes to the development of polices, programs and services that enhance the mission of the Village.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists Sr. Director of Programs in designing and implementing the service delivery system for the programs and for the Case Management Department in cooperation with the Administrative Management Team and according to Philosophy and Mission.
• Work collaboratively with Housing Program Manager to ensure appropriate program coverage.
• Work with Housing Program Manager to ensure Residential Department and Case Management Department work cohesively.
• Designs, implement and maintains an up-to-date Department Training manual that includes mission, goals, file compliance, emergency protocols, confidential, reporting requirements, intake procedures, statistical tracking requirements, and housing first guidelines etc.
• Conducts and participates in regular Department Managers meetings for team building, problem solving issues of concern, develops policy recommendations. Translates decisions into Policies and Procedures, general business, in-service training, program development and coordination of services in program and agency wide.
• Designs data collection system, collects, maintains, analyzes and disseminates program accountability data. Maintain HMIS and C-Star data up to date and accurate.
• Reports program activity on a weekly, monthly, annual and as needed basis and in accordance with funding source requirements.
• Assists development personnel with proposal writing to create resources that enhance and expand the program ability to serve the special needs of our clientele.
• Coordinates linkage with community and other agencies.
• May provide emergency assessments, intervention, intakes and referrals as needed.
• Train and monitor staffs work performance as needed to meet grant compliance needs.
• Promotes and supports research efforts and assists the organization and community in learning more about poverty and homelessness.
• Represents the organization at professional meetings in the community as needed.
• Performs other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate manager and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Supervision of staff:
• Assist with the selection, orientation, training and scheduling of staff.
• Communicate job expectations, planning monitoring and appraising job results.
• Set measurable goals and evaluate achievement of goals.
• Give and receive feedback and evaluation as an improvement tool.
• Coach, counsel and discipline employees enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
• Recommend development of personal growth and opportunities.
• Identify and evaluate alternative courses of action through utilization of principles of problem solving skills.
• Demonstrate emphasis on improving quality of staff, systems, and environment.
• Initiate and/or participate in processes to address and resolve issues impacting quality of services in programs and facilities.
• Must be able to demonstrate effective leadership skills.
• Consistent maintenance of favorable and effective relations in assigned area.
• Ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts to groups both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
• Demonstrated organizational skills.
• Ability to travel to off-site locations if applicable.
Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, the following listing applies to every employee of the Village. All employees of the organization:
• Will strive to maintain positive internal and external customer service relationships.
• Must demonstrate effective communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions when clarification is needed.
• Must be able to be depended upon to plan and organize work effectively and ensure its completion.
• Must be able to demonstrate reliability by arriving to work on time and taking breaks in expected time frames.
• Will be expected to meet all productivity requirements.
• Must be able to demonstrate team behavior and must be willing to promote a team-oriented environment.
• Is expected to represent the organization professionally at all times.
• Must be able to demonstrate initiative, strive to continually improve processes and relationships.
Salary: $19.00 per hour
Minimum Education and Experience: BA/BS in Human Services or related field that allows staff to work with adult and children, and experience working with under-served population. Minimum 2-year management experience in related field or 4-years of Case Management experience with a minimum of 2-years as a lead case manager.
Preferred Education and Experience: MA in Human Services or related field that allows staff to work with adult and children, and experience working with under-served population. Minimum 5 years management experience in related field.