Martha’s Village and Kitchen is currently hiring for the following positions.
For all questions about employment opportunities, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is integral to maintaining the highest, safest food production standards to provide the best services for all clients and staff. This position: Hires: Trains, Schedules, monitors; cook, dishwashers, driving staff, and volunteers. This position also works closely with outside vendors, purchasing of equipment, services, and products. This position schedules and maintains the cleanliness, and all kitchen equipment, all walk-ins, and ice machine, dish machine, plumbing, cooking equipment, (ovens, stoves, hoods). This position keeps accurate records and maintains good accounting of all purchased food and items. This position reports all relevant data to senior management as needed for grants and accounting. Must have good writing and computer skills.
This position coordinates donation pick-ups and drop offs, as well as distribution of said items. This position maintains a professional and current relationship with all relevant fenders and suppliers.
Must be able to respond to call offs at any time. Days, evenings and weekends maybe required.
- Serve Safe Certified. Must have food handlers card
- Has all essential knife and prep skills. Has successfully done batch cooking and menu planning. Has knowledge of nutritional values and local markets.
- Orders within budget set by CEO. Maintains all food temperature logs. Has catering knowledge and or background.
- Hires trains, evaluates, and builds a team of 4 to 7 staff, integrating skill sets and using approved evaluation models.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, Must maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Speaks with others using clear and professional language. Maintain professional demeanor and keep clear and confidential boundaries with all staff. Works effectively with volunteers and management.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Assist with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing in excess of 100 pounds (e.g., A/C unit, television, and dresser).Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladder. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight. Performs other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education and Experience: High School diploma or equivalent or technical or vocational training or three (3) years in a management position supervising and participating in building maintenance. IT experience including computer installation, and programs, such as Word, and Excel.
Proven cooking and preparation food service skill, Serve Safe and Food Handler Certified.
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers.
- Thorough understanding of the organization’s Vision, Mission and Priorities.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and highly effective in working objectively with a diverse group of people.
- Team player willing to accept and promote organizational goals and function with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make decisions based on education preparation and experience, which reflect consistency with organization philosophy, policies and procedures.
- IT skills and command of computer programs.
- Purchasing and negotiating best practices and prices for the organization
- Timely reporting and submission of invoices and external reports.
- Ability to make and maintain records, schedules, payroll, and HR files on all employees.
- Is an integral part of the executive management team, as such maintains confidentiality with staff and clients as well as carries out the team’s mission in accordance and with the support of the executive management team.
- Works on call as needed with all departments.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position, please email your resume or application for employment to Robert Brown, Human Resources Administrator at email@example.com. Please indicate “Kitchen Manager” in email subject line.
ONLY THOSE WITH REQUIRED EXPERIENCED DETAILED BELOW WILL BE CONSIDERED.
When applying, please include a contact phone number.
Support clients by providing supportive and stable housing. Performs daily intake procedure, client file maintenance, client evaluations and support through the continuum. Provides general supervision of client activities, documents pertinent shift information in daily logs, CSTAR™ database program, and client files.
Provide New Client Orientation for Bridges to Independence.Input and maintain client data in CSTAR system. Follow established procedures for intake and check-out of clients. Provide referrals and resources to STTH clients.Monitor progress of families through beginning of continuum. Meet with clients and document the weekly progress of the client using a solution-focused approach for accountability of attaining benchmarks. Maintain sober living environment compliance through implementation of drug and alcohol screening procedures. Perform UA testing; interpret results and follow through with the procedures to inform the client of the results. Review Service Statistics and correct erroneous data based on the reports.Conduct weekly client living area inspections. Inspect cleanliness of the living spaces and inform clients of deficiencies and provide opportunities for life skills education. Ensure compliance with the personal belongings policy and with extermination of the facility. Document pertinent shift information and observations in activity log, client files, and data management system. Inform case management of pertinent client information by way of the daily log, email or voicemail systems. Conduct bed checks according to curfew regulations.Ensure compliance with CPS reporting guidelines. Consult with HHSA worker to ensure the best interest and safety of the children in the program. Ensure client compliance with house rules and guidelines.
Monitor breakfast, lunch, and dinner attendance of children in accordance with the Department of Education’s food grants encouraging balanced meals for children.Walk through the program each school day to ensure children are off to school on time. Comply with and enforce established policies and procedures. Follow established procedures in maintaining a safe & clean environment. Follow established procedures in conducting nightly bed checks. Provide crisis intervention and management as needed. Facilitate monthly resident house meetings.
Attend meetings as assigned, bringing relevant residential information to the team.When directed, order hygiene, office and cleaning supplies for the program. As a data specialist: review, correct, update information in CSTAR™ for the residential program. Facilitate and monitor the election process for Village Council Representatives. Promote and maintain positive communications and working relationships among staff, volunteers, and clients.Support the Shared Living Responsibilities Program. Generate Remedy Work Orders for Facilities and CSTAR issues. Work well in emergency situations.
Perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience including six months experience in Social Services. Will consider volunteer work, customer service or other employment that has provided direct customer service or high volume public contact where patience and tack are required and excellent written and oral communication. Ability to concisely and accurately write client incident reports and log critical client information in to CSTAR© client data base. Must possess valid Riverside County Food Handler’s certification.
Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.NOTE: Candidate, as a condition of employment, must be able to successfully take and pass CSTAR© training within first three months of employment.
Job Type: Full-time. Weekends and varying hours required. Swing and day shift combo with weekends schedule.
Salary: $12.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position, please email your resume or application for employment to Robert Brown, Human Resources Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Residential Program Specialist” in the email subject line.