YOU can make a difference while renewing hope and rebuilding lives with Martha’s Village & Kitchen. Please join us and help with our Capital Campaign. You will change lives!
The Renewing Hope, Rebuilding Lives Campaign is a $5 million initiative. It will fund improved Martha’s Village & Kitchen facilities. It will also enhance programming for Coachella Valley families and individuals who require temporary housing assistance, homeless prevention services, or community resources. Funds are also slated to create a new culinary program to provide food service employment opportunities at area institutions and restaurants. In addition, raised funds will expand Martha’s licensed Child Development Center.
Father Howard Lincoln, Capital Campaign Chair, said, “Investing in Martha’s Village & Kitchen is an investment in the future of the children who need us the most right here in the Coachella Valley. Martha’s Village & Kitchen helps people to help themselves. We bring them out of despair, and they move into self-sufficiency. When we change one life, we change generations of lives.”
Martha’s Village & Kitchen serves the majority of impoverished and homeless in the Valley. The Renewing Hope, Rebuilding Lives initiative and Capital Campaign hopes to transform lives through innovative programs. These programs prevent homelessness, end the homeless cycle, and ensure a stable future for the most vulnerable in the community.
The initiative’s objectives comprise four major categories:
- Childcare and Child Development
- Food Services
- Culinary/Job Training Program
- Building, Shelter Space Improvements and Safety Upgrades
The funds raised from the Capital Campaign enable us to:
- Move more people from homelessness into independent living
- Provide more assistance to people suffering from extreme poverty
- Facilitate coordination with partner agencies throughout the community
- Operate more efficiently and effectively
IMPACT ON THE COACHELLA VALLEY
We serve our residents, and the impoverished who seek support and service from Martha’s Village & Kitchen every day. The impact of Martha’s Village & Kitchen is positively affecting the entire Coachella Valley community in the following ways:
- Reducing the number of emergency room visits
- Decreasing the strain on the police department and also the justice system
- Lessening the number of homeless people who seek shelter in public places
- Improving public safety for our residents and all of Coachella Valley citizens
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Give a financial gift. You can do this through our website today by designating
your gift to “Capital Campaign” on our donation page. Click here to donate now.
- Make a pledge to give an amount over the next 3 years. Call us at 760-347-4741
ext. 116, and we will mail you a Capital Campaign Card.
- Hold a fundraiser for any of the projects related to the Capital Campaign. You can choose
exactly where you want the funding to go–Food Services, for example.
- Give the proceeds of your charitable event to Martha’s Village & Kitchen.
- Invite us to give a short presentation about our Capital Campaign to your
corporation, church, or group.
- Introduce us to people you know might be interested in donating to our Capital Campaign.