WE DID IT!
Thank you Martha’s Village & Kitchen supporters. With your help, we have reached our Renewing Hope, Rebuilding Lives capital campaign goal. YOU have helped us change lives and make an impact in our community!
About the campaign…
The Renewing Hope, Rebuilding Lives Campaign was a $5 million initiative to fund upgrades and improvements to Martha’s Village & Kitchen facilities. It will also enhance programming for Coachella Valley families and individuals who require temporary housing assistance, homeless prevention services, or community resources. The Steve Mitchell Culinary program was created to provide food service employment opportunities at area institutions and restaurants. In addition, raised funds from the capital campaign will expand Martha’s licensed Child Development Center.
Father Howard Lincoln, Capital Campaign Chair, said, “Investing in Martha’s Village & Kitchen is an investment in the future of the children who need us the most right here in the Coachella Valley. Martha’s Village & Kitchen helps people to help themselves. We bring them out of despair, and they move into self-sufficiency. When we change one life, we change generations of lives.”
The initiative’s objectives comprised of four major categories:
- Childcare and Child Development
- Food Services
- Culinary/Job Training Program
- Building, Shelter Space Improvements and Safety Upgrades
The funds raised from the Capital Campaign enable us to:
- Move more people from homelessness into independent living
- Provide more assistance to people suffering from extreme poverty
- Facilitate coordination with partner agencies throughout the community
- Operate more efficiently and effectively
OUR IMPACT IN THE COACHELLA VALLEY
We serve our residents, and the impoverished who seek support and service from Martha’s Village & Kitchen every day. The impact of Martha’s Village & Kitchen is positively affecting the entire Coachella Valley community in the following ways:
- Reducing the number of emergency room visits
- Decreasing the strain on the police department and also the justice system
- Lessening the number of homeless people who seek shelter in public places
- Improving public safety for our residents and all of Coachella Valley citizens