Donate Your Spare Change to Martha’s Village and Kitchen
Martha’s Village and Kitchen is partnering with Coin Up to help make your donations simple, effortless and at the same time, effective. Coin Up is an innovative, mobile donation app that allows you to donate your virtual spare change. With every credit or debit card transaction, the app will round up the total to the next dollar, sending the extra change to Martha’s Village and Kitchen. You can set a monthly limit and help make an impact in the lives of those in need in the Coachella Valley while you are on the go!
“Think of the change in your car or in your seat cushions. It really adds up. The same is true for virtual spare change,” says Linda Barrack, President and CEO of Martha’s Village and Kitchen. She continued, “If our supporters sign up with CoinUp and select Martha’s as their nonprofit of choice, it will be a game changer that will make an enormous impact. It is a win-win.”
It’s Easy To Set Up
A simple three-step process allows you to select Martha’s Village and Kitchen and donate with ease:
1. First, select us by name, zip code, or category.
- Name–Martha’s Village and Kitchen
- Zip Code–92201
2. Then, enter your banking information – all information is encrypted and secured by bank approved, MFA servers.
3. Then, set your monthly limit.
It’s that simple! Next, continue to use your credit or debit card as usual, and change lives at the same time!
How It Works
If a purchase is $3.65, the transaction will be “virtually” rounded up to $4.00 within the app. The app calculates this $0.35 along with the other rounded up spare change until the monthly limit is reached (or the end of the month, whichever comes first). At the end of the month, the debit or credit card will be charged. The proceeds will be sent directly to Martha’s Village and Kitchen. It may seem minimal, but think about it: if every shopper/donor uses Coin Up for just a few purchases per week, it will add up to some serious change that will make a huge difference for those in need in the Valley!
Monthly Reports and Snapshots
- Coin Up allows you to track your monthly purchases, round ups, and ongoing monthly donations to Martha’s Village and Kitchen.
- You will receive a monthly snapshot at the end of each month to see the impact of your donation to Martha’s.
- Share the impact of your giving by posting directly on social media.
- At the end of the year, you will receive a tax donation receipt for your contribution to MVK.
Sign Up Now
Download the App by clicking the image below. It is free to download:
Or Sign Up Online: HERE (Click on the graphic in the upper right hand corner of the page.)
FAQs: Coin Up
1) If I use Coin Up, is my payment transaction secure, and how can I ensure my personal information is safe?
The security of your information is Coin Up’s top priority. Coin Up follows industry standard security protocols (SSL) and it uses banking regulatory approved companies to process your transaction. These companies utilize encrypted technology to ensure your information is securely stored on their servers, not with Coin Up. We take your trust seriously and will never disclose any of your personal information to anyone.
2) Does 100% of my donation go directly to Martha’s Village and Kitchen?
Coin Up charges a minimal transaction fee for payment processing. This fee is charged directly to Martha’s Village and Kitchen, so your donation to a charity on Coin Up should be deductible, but please consult with your tax advisor. Please note, that Coin Up’s fees are substantially lower than the national average for nonprofits to raise funds.
3) Will I receive a tax deductible receipt for my contribution?
Yes. At the end of the year, Coin Up will send you a receipt that reflects your contributions to Martha’s Village and Kitchen.