5 Reasons Why You Should Participate In Martha’s Village and Kitchen’s 11th Annual Thanksgiving Day 5K
Join us for the 11th Annual Thanksgiving Day 5K benefiting Martha’s Village and Kitchen. The event, also known as the “Turkey Trot,” will be held on Thanksgiving morning, November 23, 2017, at 8:00 AM on El Paseo in Palm Desert. Registration opens at 6:00 AM.
There are so many good reasons to come join us! Here are the top 5:
- Health–Improve your overall health by getting involved with fun activities like our Turkey Trot! This is true whether you decide to run, jog, or walk. Overall health benefits can include increasing bone density, lowering blood pressure and cholesterol, decreasing depression, alleviating anxiety and stress and much more. You’ll also feel great about being outdoors, breathing in the crisp, fall air.
- Burn Calories—Look and feel great as you burn calories before eating a big Thanksgiving meal! You’ll feel no guilt as you indulge in your Thanksgiving Feast!
- Fun—Have fun with your family, friends, co-workers and loved ones. Start a holiday tradition and create memories that will last a lifetime. Dress up in Thanksgiving-themed items that can be easily purchased when you register. These items include turkey hats, turkey socks, turkey headbands, and tutus. (Tutus are even available for your dog!) After the race, be sure to stop by the Kid’s Zone or Beer Garden for even more fun.
- Celebrate Your Accomplishment –There is no better feeling than finishing something you have started. That sense of accomplishment is euphoric! Beating your best personal time, or even just doing better than you thought you would do is cause for celebration! If you are 21 or over, you can even make a toast to your success in our Beer Garden.
- Giving Back To The Less Fortunate—The 11th Annual Thanksgiving Day 5K benefiting Martha’s Village and Kitchen is held for a great cause. One adult registration feeds 20 people right here in the Coachella Valley! Extra donations and participating in our fundraiser help out even more!
So what are you waiting for? You don’t have much time left, Thanksgiving Day is just around the corner. So go register TODAY! Unable to join all the fun but still want to help? Consider making an online donation to help support our neighbors in need.