Help End Hunger!
When you donate non-perishable food to Martha's Village & Kitchen, you help us feed one of the 35,000 people who come through our doors for help each year. When you join with your civic group to start a food drive, you help feed entire communities!
The threat of malnutrition in the Coachella Valley is very real as families have to make hard choices. Do you skip a meal to pay the electric bill? Maybe fruits and vegetables are too expensive this month. An unexpected repair bill takes money away from feeding all the kids who are home from school.
These are stories we hear every day from everyday people who just need a little help.
What You Can Do To Help
Sponsor a Food Drive
We rely on our friends in the community to help us collect food for those less fortunate. When you sponsor a food drive, it helps our mission in a few key ways:
- You're helping to spread the word to your friends and colleagues about the problem of hunger.
- You can tie a food drive to almost anything, like entry into a performance, or discounts on services you provide.
- We save on fuel costs by only picking up a larger volume of donations instead of a lot of small trips, which lets our limited funds go farther.
Download our food drive application (PDF, 61 KB) and our handy sheet with tips on organizing your food drive (PDF, 94 KB).
Donate Non-Perishable Food
If you have non-perishable food, particularly canned fruit and vegetables, canned tuna and soups, there are many ways you can get that food to us:
- You can drop off donations at Martha's, at 83-791 Date Avenue, Indio, CA 92201
- You can drop off your donations at the Martha's Village Thrift Store, at 45-596 Fargo Street, Indio CA 92201
- Bring your donations to one of the many US Bank and Wells Fargo Bank branches listed in the table to the right.
- You can call KC's 23 1/2 Hour Plumbing at 760.327.8718 for a pick-up.
- Call us at 760.347.4741 to arrange for a pick-up!
Help Us Buy More Food
One of the most efficient ways for us to provide the most food for the people we serve is to purchase food in bulk from one of our suppliers. Martha's Village has agreements with local food banks and grocery suppliers to purchase food in bulk at pennies on the dollar. This means that we can stretch the value of your monetary gift and feed more people.
Become a Sponsor of the Thanksgiving Day 5K
This year's Thanksgiving Day 5K Run/Walk is the most prestegious and highest-profile event we've ever attempted, and all of the proceeds will go towards our efforts to eliminate hunger in the Coachella Valley.
We've moved the event to El Paseo in Palm Desert this year, with celebrities and many fun surprises in store for everyone who comes out to support the cause. One of the keys to making an event like this a success is the participation of businesses and individuals in sponsorship roles. If you're interested in the many sponsorship opportunities that are still available, head over to our Thanksgiving 5K page for more information.